Improved Access Appointments
Improved access appointments are available at either our King’s Lynn or our Swaffham hub. These are available to patients who are unable to attend appointments during normal surgery hours or when surgery appointments are fully booked.
What appointments are available?
- King’s Lynn – evening appointments are available from 18:30-20:00 and
Saturday appointments from 08:00-13:00
- Swaffham – Saturday appointments are available from 08:00-13:00
Where do I need to go?
We will advise which practice to attend for the time of your appointment. Each hub has three duty surgeries now offering extended access appointments on a rotation basis; the practices are:
- Southgates Medical Centre, 41 Goodwins Road, King’s Lynn, Norfolk,
- St James Medical Practice, County Court Rd, King’s Lynn, Norfolk, PE30 5SY
- St Johns Surgery, Main Road, Terrington St John, Wisbech, Cambs,
- Campingland Surgery, Beech Close, Swaffham, Norfolk, PE37 7RD
- Litcham Health Centre, Manor Drive, Litcham, King’s Lynn,
Norfolk, PE32 2NW
- Great Massingham Surgery, Station Rd, Great Massingham,
King’s Lynn, Norfolk, PE32 2JQ
What conditions can be treated?
The hubs are designed to treat patients with acute minor ailments who require a face to face clinical assessment in order to be treated appropriately. Appointments are available with a GP, nurse or healthcare assistant.
Patients who cannot be seen:
- Babies under 12 weeks old
- Those with pregnancy related problems
- Those with chronic disease or long-term condition management that requires continuity of care
- Those with severe mental health problems
- Those identified with a potentially life-threatening medical condition which requires referral to urgent or emergency care settings
- Walk-in patients – appointments must be made